Congratulations Sakshi Malik for Winning Women’s Freestyle 58kg Wrestling Event at RIO 2016.
Sakshi Malik who is from Rohtak, Hryana is the india’s first olympic women who won a bronze medal at RIO 2016 game in Women’s Freestyle 58kg Wrestling event. Here are the some facts which you need to know about one and only one Miss Sakshi Malik.
This is the latest tweet from Sakshi Malik –
— Sakshi Malik (@SakshiMalik) August 18, 2016
India owes athletes like Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Vinesh Phogat, PV Sindhu, Abhinav Bindra, and so many more.
For having barely there infrastructure and facilities, these athletes have come a long way. The Ministry continues to embarrass itself by partying away in Rio and offering peanuts and drinks as dinner to the Olympic contingent, but what these athletes have achieved is beyond extraordinary levels.
- Haryana Government decided to give approx Rs 2.5 crores to Sakshi Malik.
- She also will be rewarded with a cash award of Rs 60 lakh by her employers Indian Railways.
- Haryana Government also announced to give her one Government job to Sakshi Malik.
- Indian Railways are also planning to celebrate a grand party for her stupendous feat.
- Sakshi began her training of wrestling at the age of just 12.
- From UP Government, Sakshi Malik will be awarded by Rani Laxmi Bai Award.
- Sakshi Malik has won a medal for the country on the auspicious occasion of ‘Raksha Bandhan‘
- Sakshi who is just 23 years old, became the 4th Indian woman athlete to win an Olympic medal after Karnam Malleshwari, Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal
- She also won Silver medal at Glasgow Commonwealth Games in 2014 and a bronze medal at Senior Asian Wrestling Championships, Doha in 2015.
- Sakshi’s Father is just a normal bus conductor at Delhi DTC.