Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation is a subsidiary of Indian Railways that handles Catering/tourism/online ticket booking services of railways. The current CEO of IRCTC is A.K. Manocha
Yes, IRCTC i.e. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has introduced new rules which will be effected from 15th Feb 2016. The old rules are also modified so that no one can misuse the system. Mainly the new rules are related to only Online Ticket Booking as they applied some kind of limits.
In a Press, Our Railway Ministry stated one statement in a press conference that,
“This has been done keeping in view the analysis of usage of quota of 10 tickets which indicated that ninety per cent of users are booking up to six tickets in a given month and only 10 per cent are making more than six tickets.”
The new rules of IRCTC are as follows –
- You can book maximum of 6 tickets in a month per user account provided by IRCTC.
- You can book maximum of 2 tickets from 10AM to 12 Noon per user account in a day.
- You can book maximum of 2 tickets from 8AM to 10AM per user account in a day.
- “Quick Book” option will be disabled from 8AM to 12 Noon.
- Only 1 Booking is allowed in 1 user login session (Expect from Return/Onward Journey).
- All types of Booking Agents will be barred from booking tickets during the first 30 minutes when it opens.