When one is a sportsman, one knows that eating well before a workout and also afterwards, are primordial things. Before, because it is necessary to give his body what he needs to hold during the effort. And after that, you have to recharge the energy you spend, but also because the muscles need to be fed to repair and develop.
The time window you are given to compensate after a work-out is relatively short. A maximum of 30 to 40 minutes is allowed . It is therefore essential to provide a snack to consume just after completing the workout. The solution used by many of us after a workout is a protein mix (whey). It’s easy, quick and it compensates well after the effort.
What exactly is whey?
The Whey protein or protein whey is obtained from cow’s milk. In the cheese manufacturing process, the milk is separated into two compounds: the curd, the semi-solid material that will become the cheese, and the whey (whey), a liquid containing 95% water. This whey is then subjected to various processes, filtered and dehydrated in order to obtain a powder concentrated in proteins , low in lipids and in carbohydrates . A sweetener is often added to give the whey a pleasant taste.
The whey protein, as well as all other proteins, are particularly rich in sulfur-containing amino acids (methionine and cysteine), amino acids to branched-chain (leucine, isoleucine and valine) and glutamine. Branched-chain amino acids are the amino acids most commonly used by muscles. They play several roles in muscle metabolism .
There are two things to note:
- First, most of these protein mixtures are quite close to misunderstanding. Read the labels and see for yourself. They contain many additives, dyes, often “processed” to the extreme … In the end, a rather mediocre quality, which in the long term, could do you more harm than good.
- Secondly, after an effort, it is also necessary to compensate and recharge at the glycogen level . Glycogen comes from sugar (carbohydrates). Once the latter is digested, it is stored in the liver and will be released during a physical effort.
During training, we will seek to have energy and thus use the glycogen stores.
In conclusion, in order to compensate properly and allow a faster recovery, we must give the body the equivalent of what we used.
Here’s the complete list of dymatize retailers along with price comparison chart.
As with all meals it is important to vary. Alternate your protein mix with other solutions like:
- A handful of oilseeds (walnuts, hazelnuts almonds, cashew nuts, brazil nuts) and a banana
- A complete cereal bar
- A balanced bar in proteins and carbohydrates
- A smoothie of vegetables / fruit with protein (whey) mixed with milk of almonds or water or coconut water. A smoothie can be stored 24h in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
- Carbohydrates can be found in apples, pears, bananas, grapes, dates, celery, broccoli, sweet potatoes or the famous oilseeds.
After the famous window of 30 to 40 minutes finished, at the following meal eat balanced :
- Green vegetables (1/2 of the plate)
- A lean protein (1/4 of the plate)
- A full starchy (*) (1/4 of the plate)
- Think of adding good fats such as olive oil, coconut oil or avocado oil.
(*) If you eat Paleo or low carbs, replace ¼ of starch with vegetables rich in carbohydrates or sweet potato. To know about best featured athletes of dymatize, please click here.
Some selected nutrients from DYMATIZE
Wodnews’ philosophy is to remain neutral. It is not in our practice to promote brands. But as explained above, with regard to proteins one really finds everything and your health can depend on it. There are some brands that do things well, so we wanted to mention them:
- Dymatize ISO – 100
- Dymatize Elite Whey
- Dymatize Elite Fusion 7
- Dymatize Elite Casein
- Dymatize XT
- Dymatize Gourmet
- Dymatize Natural Elite
Some selected mass gainers from DYMATIZE
- Dymatize Super Mass Gainer
- Dymatize Elite Mass Gainer
- Dymatize Elite Mega Gainer
Some selected daily protein products from DYMATIZE
- Dymatize Elite Protein Bar
- Dymatize ISO100 Clear
- Dymatize Amino Pro Amplifier
- Dymatize Creatine Micronized
- Dymatize Glutamine Micronized
- Dymatize Liquid Super Protein Amino 6000
- Dymatize Super Amino 6000
- Dymatize BCCA Complex 2200
- Dymatize BCCA Complex 5050
- Dymatize Liquid L-Carnitine
- Dymatize Conjugated Linoleic Acid
- Dymatize L-Carnitine Xtreme
- Dymatize Acetyl L-Carnitine
- Dymatize Dyma Burn Xtreme
- Dymatize Super Multi Vitamin
- Dymatize Z-Force
To shop with dymatize, please go to official website.