- Set 1 (Q1 to Q30)
- Set 2 (Q31 to Q60)
- Set 3 (Q61 to Q90)
- Set 4 (Q91 to Q120)
- Set 5 (Q121 to Q150)
- Set 6 (Q151 to Q180)
- Set 7 (Q181 to Q210)
- Set 8 (Q211 to Q240)
- Set 9 (Q241 to Q270)
- Set 10 (Q271 to Q300)
- Set 11 (Q301 to Q330)
- Set 12 (Q331 to Q360)
- Set 13 (Q361 to Q390)
- Set 14 (Q391 to Q420)
- Set 15 (Q421 to Q450)
- Set 16 (Q451 to Q480)
- Set 17 (Q481 to Q510)
- Set 18 (Q511 to Q540)
- Set 19 (Q541 to Q570)
- Set 20 (Q571 to Q600)
- Set 21 (Q601 to Q630)
- Set 22 (Q631 to Q660)
- Set 23 (Q661 to Q690)
- Set 24 (Q691 to Q720)
Q241 - Which of the following is a passive wireless packet analyzer that works on Linux-based systems?
- Burp Suite
Q242 - Which of the following is the greatest threat posed by backups?
- A backup is the source of Malware or illicit information.
- A backup is unavailable during disaster recovery.
- A backup is incomplete because no verification was performed.
- An un-encrypted backup can be misplaced or stolen.
Q243 - Which Type of scan sends a packets with no flags set?
- Open Scan
- Null Scan
- Xmas Scan
- Half-Open Scan
Q244 - Ricardo wants to send secret messages to a competitor company. To secure these messages, he uses a technique of hiding a secret message within an ordinary message. The technique provides 'security through obscurity'. What technique is Ricardo using?
- Public-key cryptography
- RSA algorithm
Q245 - Employees in a company are no longer able to access Internet web sites on their computers. The network administrator is able to successfully ping IP address of web servers on the Internet and is able to open web sites by using an IP address in place of the URL. The administrator runs the nslookup command for www.eccouncil.org and receives an error message stating there is no response from the server. What should the administrator do next?
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP ports 53 and UDP port 53.
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP ports 80 and UDP port 443.
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP port 53.
- Configure the firewall to allow traffic on TCP port 8080.
Q246 - Which of the following BEST describes the mechanism of a Boot Sector Virus?
- Moves the MBR to another location on the hard disk and copies itself to the original location of the MBR
- Moves the MBR to another location on the RAM and copies itself to the original location of the MBR
- Overwrites the original MBR and only executes the new virus code
- Modifies directory table entries so that directory entries point to the virus code instead of the actual program
Q247 - You are looking for SQL injection vulnerability by sending a special character to web applications. Which of the following is the most useful for quick validation?
- Double quotation
- Single quotation
Q248 - Why should the security analyst disable/remove unnecessary ISAPI filters?
- To defend against social engineering attacks
- To defend against webserver attacks
- To defend against jailbreaking
- To defend against wireless attacks
Q249 - When a security analyst prepares for the formal security assessment - what of the following should be done in order to determine inconsistencies in the secure assets database and verify that system is compliant to the minimum security baseline?
- Data items and vulnerability scanning
- Interviewing employees and network engineers
- Reviewing the firewalls configuration
- Source code review
Q250 - It is a regulation that has a set of guidelines, which should be adhered to by anyone who handles any electronic medical data. These guidelines stipulate that all medical practices must ensure that all necessary measures are in place while saving, accessing, and sharing any electronic medical data to keep patient data secure. Which of the following regulations best matches the description?
- ISO/IEC 27002
Q251 - Cross-site request forgery involves:
- A request sent by a malicious user from a browser to a server
- Modification of a request by a proxy between client and server
- A browser making a request to a server without the user's knowledge
- A server making a request to another server without the user's knowledge
Q252 - Which regulation defines security and privacy controls for Federal information systems and organizations?
- EU Safe Harbor
Q253 - An ethical hacker for a large security research firm performs penetration tests, vulnerability tests, and risk assessments. A friend recently started a company and asks the hacker to perform a penetration test and vulnerability assessment of the new company as a favor. What should the hacker's next step be before starting work on this job?
- Start by foot printing the network and mapping out a plan of attack.
- Ask the employer for authorization to perform the work outside the company.
- Begin the reconnaissance phase with passive information gathering and then move into active information gathering.
- Use social engineering techniques on the friend's employees to help identify areas that may be susceptible to attack.
Q254 - Chandler works as a pen-tester in an IT-firm in New York. As a part of detecting viruses in the systems, he uses a detection method where the anti-virus executes the malicious codes on a virtual machine to simulate CPU and memory activities. Which type of virus detection method did Chandler use in this context?
- Heuristic Analysis
- Code Emulation
- Integrity checking
Q255 - Bob, your senior colleague, has sent you a mail regarding a deal with one of the clients. You are requested to accept the offer and you oblige. After 2 days. Bob denies that he had ever sent a mail. What do you want to ""know"" to prove yourself that it was Bob who had send a mail?
Q256 - Which type of scan is used on the eye to measure the layer of blood vessels?
- Facial recognition scan
- Retinal scan
- Iris scan
- Signature kinetics scan
Q257 - A new wireless client that is 802.11 compliant cannot connect to a wireless network given that the client can see the network and it has compatible hardware and software installed. Upon further tests and investigation, it was found out that the Wireless Access Point (WAP) was not responding to the association requests being sent by the wireless client. What MOST likely is the issue on this scenario?
- The client cannot see the SSID of the wireless network
- The WAP does not recognize the client's MAC address.
- The wireless client is not configured to use DHCP.
- Client is configured for the wrong channel
Q258 - Windows LAN Manager (LM) hashes are known to be weak. Which of the following are known weaknesses of LM? (Choose three.)
- Converts passwords to uppercase.
- Hashes are sent in clear text over the network.
- Makes use of only 32-bit encryption.
- Effective length is 7 characters.
Answer: A, B and D
Q259 - Which element of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) verifies the applicant?
- Certificate authority
- Validation authority
- Registration authority
- Verification authority
Q260 - Which of the following algorithms can be used to guarantee the integrity of messages being sent, in transit, or stored?
- symmetric algorithms
- asymmetric algorithms
- hashing algorithms
- integrity algorithms
Q261 - It is a widely used standard for message logging. It permits separation of the software that generates messages, the system that stores them, and the software that reports and analyzes them. This protocol is specifically designed for transporting event messages. Which of the following is being described?
Q262 - When tuning security alerts, what is the best approach?
- Tune to avoid False positives and False Negatives
- Rise False positives Rise False Negatives
- Decrease the false positives
- Decrease False negatives
Q263 - What is one of the advantages of using both symmetric and asymmetric cryptography in SSL/TLS?
- Symmetric algorithms such as AES provide a failsafe when asymmetric methods fail.
- Asymmetric cryptography is computationally expensive in comparison. However, it is well-suited to securely negotiate keys for use with symmetric cryptography.
- Symmetric encryption allows the server to securely transmit the session keys out-of-band.
- Supporting both types of algorithms allows less-powerful devices such as mobile phones to use symmetric encryption instead.
Q264 - A newly discovered flaw in a software application would be considered which kind of security vulnerability?
- Input validation flaw
- HTTP header injection vulnerability
- 0-day vulnerability
- Time-to-check to time-to-use flaw
Q265 - When you are getting information about a web server, it is very important to know the HTTP Methods (GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE, TRACE) that are available because there are two critical methods (PUT and DELETE). PUT can upload a file to the server and DELETE can delete a file from the server. You can detect all these methods (GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE, TRACE) using NMAP script engine. What nmap script will help you with this task?
- http enum
Q266 - Which of the following options represents a conceptual characteristic of an anomaly-based IDS over a signature-based IDS?
- Produces less false positives
- Can identify unknown attacks
- Requires vendor updates for a new threat
- Cannot deal with encrypted network traffic
Q267 - TCP/IP stack fingerprinting is the passive collection of configuration attributes from a remote device during standard layer 4 network communications. Which of the following tools can be used for passive OS fingerprinting?
Q268 - Which of the following is considered the best way to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from Web application vulnerabilities?
- Use cryptographic storage to store all PII
- Use encrypted communications protocols to transmit PII
- Use full disk encryption on all hard drives to protect PII
- Use a security token to log into all Web applications that use PII
Q269 - What network security concept requires multiple layers of security controls to be placed throughout an IT infrastructure, which improves the security posture of an organization to defend against malicious attacks or potential vulnerabilities? What kind of Web application vulnerability likely exists in their software?
- Host-Based Intrusion Detection System
- Security through obscurity
- Defense in depth
- Network-Based Intrusion Detection System
Q270 - Which of the following levels of algorithms does Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) use?
- RSA 1024 bit strength
- AES 1024 bit strength
- RSA 512 bit strength
- AES 512 bit strength