The psychology of image search is different from regular searches. Image searchers are usually more patient. At the same time, they are pickier. Therefore, optimizing your images makes sense. The added benefit of image optimization is that your images will show up in the main search results blended with text results. They also appear on Google Maps.
Optimizing for image search always be a smart strategy for many search marketers. Even if you’re working on a site that you don’t feel truly lends itself to an image optimization strategy, you may be able to leverage images or photos for SEO.
Suggested Read: Top 5 Image Optimization Plugins for WordPress
A significant amount of traffic can come from image search, and the number of people competing effectively for that traffic is much lower than it is in general web search. Industries that don’t immediately seem to provide compelling subjects for images may enjoy greater potential in this area, because the competition might never clue in to the advantages of integrating images into their sites and into an overall search marketing strategy.
Recommended: Free Vintage Illustrations
You can do a number of things to further optimize your images. Here are the most important things you can do:
- Make sure the image filename or IMG SRC string contains your primary keyword.
- Always use the image alt attribute.
- Use the quotes if you have spaces in the text string of the alt content!
- Avoid query strings for IMG SRCs just as you should for page URLs.
- Use good-quality pictures, which will read well when shown in thumbnail format.
- Do not save images as graphics files with embedded thumbnails – turn this feature off in Photoshop and other image editing software.
- Don’t store the image in a sidebar column with your ads or inside the header/footer navigation elements.
- You need to have a proper license to display the images found on your site so that you don’t get sued.
- If you are using images that may also be displayed on other websites, store/display them at different sizes from how they were provided to you.
- Consider adding a watermark with your site URL to the image.
- Also, try altering the aspect ratio of the images a little bit – that is, make sure the height to width ratio of the images is different from images on other sites.
- You need to ensure that your server configuration allows your site’s images to be displayed when called from web pages on other domains.
Here we’re listed out top 8 Online Image Compression tools through which you can easily optimize your images and can further use it in your website.
Tip: Make your own brilliant, custom thumbnails for free with thumbnail maker.
Suggested Read: Top 21 Best Image Optimizers
TinyPNG uses smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your PNG files. By selectively decreasing the number of colors in the image, fewer bytes are required to store the data. The effect is nearly invisible but it makes a very large difference in file size!
Till date, more than 1 billion JPEG and PNG images have been compressed with TinyPNG.
You can upload up to 20 images with max 5 MB each.
Compressor.io is a powerful online tool for reducing drastically the size of your images and photos whilst maintaining a high quality with almost no difference before and after compression.
This tool currently supports 4 types of images i.e. JPEG, PNG, GIF and SVG and maximum file size limit is 10MB.
With the help of CompressNow, you can even select the percentage (%) of compression to get results. You can upload 10 images at a time with a size limit of 9MB per image and accepts JPG, JPEG, GIF and PNG images only.
Kraken.io is an image optimization and compression SaaS platform with additional manipulation capabilities such as image resizing. Their main goal is to automatically shrink the byte size of images as much as possible, while keeping the visual information intact, and of consistently high quality to the extent that results never need to be manually checked for fidelity.
Kraken.io currently support the JPEG, PNG, GIF, Animated GIF and SVG formats.
This online image optimizer uses a smart combination of the best optimization and lossy compression algorithms to shrink JPEG and PNG images to the minimum possible size while keeping the required level of quality.
The best thing about Optimizilla is that if you upload multiple files, then you can get the option to download them all at once.
JPEGmini is a patent-pending photo recompression technology, which significantly reduces the size of photographs without affecting their perceptual quality. The technology works in the domain of baseline JPEG, resulting in files that are fully compatible with any browser, photo software or device that support the standard JPEG format.
JPEGmini Tool is also available for both windows and MAC operating systems and only supports JPEG files.
Imagify compress the most common image formats. For free accounts the max upload size of any one image is 2MB. There is no max upload size limit for paid accounts.
This tool keep your files for 24 hours so you can download later if you wish.
8. Puny PNG
PunyPNG is a free online image compressor tool that dramatically reduces the file size of your images without any loss of quality.You may also like:
- 16 Free/Paid Group Communication and Chat Tools
- Top 40 DNS Lookup Websites – [2019 Compilation]
- List of Free SEO Analysis Websites – [2019 Compilation]
- 40 Best Websites For Free IP Lookup – [2019 Collection]
- Top 5 DNS Lookup Websites – Best Rated 2018
- Online Port Scanning – Top 5 Resources
- Top 10 Online Free Scanners
- Top 20 High Profile Creation Backlink Sites – 2018 Update
- Top 7 Online Android APK Malware analyzers – FREE
- Top 21 sites for free Backlinks online – 2017 Updating List