The Linux operating system has long offered more power and flexibility to its administrators through shell scripting. However, Microsoft Windows lacked this flexibility, because of the limited capabilities of the command prompt.
To overcome this limitation, Microsoft introduced PowerShell to efficiently automate tasks and manage configurations. It is built on top of the .NET Framework and provides complete access to COM and WMI.
PowerShell is a tool for scripting and task automation on Windows systems. PowerShell by default has cmdlets, which perform predefined tasks.
There are hundreds of PowerShell cmdlets available, designed to do various administrative tasks.
This will forcefully close the Firefox browser if it is running.
Command: Stop-Process -Name Firefox
This will list all processes currently running on the system in tabular format.
Command: Get-Process | Format-Table
This will print all “Security” related event logs from the current system.
Command: Get-EventLog -Log “Security”
This will export all “Security” related events to the file security.csv on the E drive.
Command: Get-EventLog -Log “Security” | Export-Csv E:\security.csv
This will print a list of all services on the current system and their status, in tabular format.
Command: Get-Service | Format-Table
This will print detailed usage information about the Format-Table cmdlet.
Command: Get-Help Format-Table
This will get details about the operating system currently installed on the system.
Command: Get-CimInstance CIM_OperatingSystem
This lists all the local users on the current system.
Command: Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_UserAccount -Filter “LocalAccount=’True'”
- Mastering Windows Management with WMIC Commands – Top 20 Examples
- The Intricate Process of Designing and Developing Online Casino Slot Games
- Bella Protocol vs. Traditional Banking: A New Era of Financial Services
- How Does Spam Score Affect SEO?
- Top Email Marketing Applications for Effective Campaigns
- Edit and Compile Code with the Best 5 Code Editors
- 50+ Top DevSecOps Tools You Need To Know
- Learn How to Add Proxy and Multiple Accounts in MoreLogin
- Can Jews and Evangelical Christians Co-Exist?
- What Will Be Digital Information Technology in 2023