Many of us use GIFs to spice up conversations with our loved ones. To better express our feelings, we can use these GIFs. Some people use them to remember memes and popular culture references. Since they’re so brief, these compressed videos work well for most social media platforms.
Snapchat’s text field does not have a built-in GIF option, as you may have noticed, unlike other apps like WhatsApp and Facebook. Custom stickers can only be sent within chat on the platform. As a result, it’s difficult for many Snapchat users to understand how to send GIFs. Snapchat is a slick, silky app that’s a breeze to use and install. However, there are a variety of reasons why Snapchat won’t download on your iPhone.
Coming back to GIFs on Snapchat, below you can find step-by-step instructions for both iPhone and Android on how to send GIFs on Snapchat.
How to Send GIFs on a Snapchat on iPhone?
According to Business Insider’s step-by-step instructions, Snapchat GIFs are now a breeze to send. Here is how:
- The first and foremost step is to open up your Snapchat app, record a video or take a photo.
- Choose now any sticker from the right-hand row of icons.
- Add a GIF to your video or photo by scrolling down and choosing one from the list.
- In order to choose more GIFs, try typing in a phrase or keyword in the search bar.
- Select a position on the screen for a GIF that you uploaded in the previous step.
- Now drag the uploaded GIF there.
- It’s easier to change the size of a GIF by pinching it on the screen.
- You can also save these photos or videos in your phone’s gallery and share them on other social media networks such as Instagram.
So, there you have it. This is the complete process of sending GIFs on Snapchat on the iPhone. It’s also easier to remove or replace the GIF. Simply slide a GIF you have added to a photo to the bottom of the screen and toward the Bin symbol that shows up.
The more Snapchat GIFs you employ in a single photo, the better. Enhancing your experience of conversing on Snapchat may also be accomplished via the use of the Bitmoji and Scissor tools. It allows you to create stickers and avatars conveniently.
Can I Send GIFs in Snapchat Messages?
Yes, indeed. However, it’s not as simple and easy as sending GIFs in Snaps. Fortunately, it’s not too difficult either. A GIPHY keyboard must be installed on your iPhone if you’re using iOS. And on the other hand, you’ll need the Gboard app if you’re using Android.
How Do I Send GIFs on Snapchat on Android?
Most Android devices come preinstalled with Gboard as their default keyboard. However, there are a couple of things you must do before you can use your phone with a different keyboard.
- Open your Phone’s Settings
- Tap on System
- Select Languages & Inputs
- Tap on Virtual Keyboard
- Make Sure Gboard is Your Default Keyboard
Another option is to just run the Gboard app after installing it, and then follow the on-screen instructions as they appear. Grant the permission it wants, and you’re ready to go.
How to Send GIFs in Snapchat Messages on Android?
- To send a GIF to a friend, open a conversation with them.
- You may get to the keyboard by just tapping on the text bar as you normally would.
- In the menu bar, click the GIF symbol.
- You’ll notice a wide range of GIFs on this page. Tap on the one you wish to send and you’re done.
The Bottom Line
Using Snapchat is a great way to stay connected with your friends in a variety of creative ways. GIFs are a welcome addition to Snapchat’s already rich feature set. Having read this post, you now know how to send GIFs on Snapchat chat and messages, as well as how to include GIFs in your Snapchat photos.