The idea behind generating traffic to your website is for buyers to locate you and pay for your services. However, there is a problem if your website keeps getting enough traffic but does not translate to sales or results. The usual Search Engine Optimization that we are used to is outdated, and new ones have emerged. To make the visitors to your website, you need Conversation Rate Optimization.
Conversation Rate Optimization (CRO) is the mechanism to ensure that visitors see and engage your product. It might be registering for a workshop or ordering your goods or services. Getting them to do your bidding on your website is known as conversion. Having an in-depth knowledge of what your customers want and how to provide it will get them converted.
Key terms to understand in how Conversion Rate Optimization Works.
Going a step further, you need to know how CRO works and the involved mechanisms. Understanding these basic terms is an added advantage for a social media manager, business owner, and brand ambassador. Here we will be discussing three key terms that you need to know.
- Search Engine Optimization- this is the way or manner in which you can increase website traffic to the desired site. This internet marketing strategy deals with how search engines function. The traffic generated here could either be organic or paid for.
- Conversion- conversion is the end product of every advertisement. Conversion comes to play when a visitor or potential customer haven got to your site through search or traffic engages it. I mean buying your product, registering for your course, or booking your services by engagement.
- Call to action- a call to action is an instruction that the website owner has placed to encourage a visitor to take a further step. For example, when you visit a website and come across it, subscribe to our YouTube channel, call us and the likes. These actions are not actions that a first-time visitor might take; hence they have to be prompted.
How to convert your visitors to customers using Conversion Rate Optimization
Many business owners are also aware of these mechanisms, just like you. However, there is a need for you to do yours differently to achieve the desired result. Below are some of the ways to convert visitors.
- Using a customer-centric approach- the focus of your website should not be solely on what you have to offer. Instead, come up with questions on how you can help them if they are satisfied with the structure of your website. If they find it easy to navigate and are satisfied with what they have seen.
- Employ the right tools to know about what’s happening on your website- using tools that will help you learn about what and where people visit most on your website is another way to get them converted—employing Google analytics, using heat maps and knowing where people click the most on your page. The essence of these tools is to help you identify your shortcoming. Identifying them alone will not do the job but applying the necessary changes.
With the knowledge of conversion rate optimisation gained from this article, you should be able to know where you need to intensify your effort. You must also note that identifying and applying the right approach is what will give you the desired result. Implementation of the recommendations made in this article will cause a tremendous turnaround in your conversion rate. This article has undoubtedly enlightened you; you can forward it to your colleagues or friends.