Thanks to online fax services, faxing has been transformed to allow anyone to send and receive faxes online. Online fax services do not require a dedicated phone line, fax machine or paper.
The services allow you to send and receive faxes from supported platforms across different devices. So, you can access all your faxes online seamlessly across your devices using just one account.
The platforms even allow you to receive faxes in your email, on Android or iOS app or web browser. Keep reading to learn how to receive faxes online without a fax machine.
Get an online fax number from CocoFax
To start, you need an online fax number from CocoFax. The fax number allows you to receive and send faxes online using any of your internet-enabled devices.
To do so, you need to first sign up for a CocoFax account by visiting the official website. Open this read more… link to visit the homepage. CocoFax lets you choose your custom fax number of free of charge.
Also, CocoFax gives you 30-day free trial period that lets you receive faxes free of charge. After expiry of your trial, select a plan that you want to subscribe to from the pricing page.
The fax number is ready for use to receive faxes 24/7 on your CocoFax dashboard or email. Check out this link on how Cocoafx makes it possible to receive a fax without a fax machine.
How to receive faxes on Gmail and email providers
CocoFax supports different email providers among them Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook and Yahoo. After using any of these to sign up for the service, you will be assigned a fax number.
Now, if you used Gmail to sign up for CocoFax faxes, you will receive faxes in your email. CocoFax forwards all the received faxes into your Gmail automatically. The fax is attached as a pdf file that you can download or print.
Also, if you use other email providers, you will still receive your faxes forwarded as pdf.
How to receive faxes on iOS and Android devices
After signing up and getting a fax number, you can use CocoFax app for iOS and Android. The app turns your smartphone or tablet into a pocket-size fax machine capable of sending and receiving faxes.
All this is possible as you move around. The app will send push notifications as you receive faxes in your inbox. Also, it allows you to access even attached documents in your fax.
How to receive faxes on your computer (Linux, macOS, Windows…)
With CocoFax, you don’t need a fax modem or a dedicated phone line to receive faxes. You can use your computer running on macOS, Linux or Windows to receive faxes online. Best of all, no extra software is needed.
To do this, just visit the CocoFax official website using your preferred web browser. Log in to your CocoFax dashboard, here you will have access to both sent and received faxes.
You only need to ensure you provide the sender with the correct fax number. Also, it should be in the correct formation especially if you are receiving international fax. Give them your country code+local area code + fax number.
Why get a fax number from CocoFax?
- Supports multiple platforms: With CocoFax, you can receive faxes across different platforms and devices. The online fax service lets you use your smartphone and computer to receive faxes.
- Safe and Secure: All faxes are encrypted using AES 256-bit encryption to ensure they are safe online. Also, CocoFax is HIPAA compliant which gives all sensitive data the strict protection necessary.
- Lifetime storage: CocoFax gives you unlimited storage for your faxes. Provided you use its platform, all your sent and received faxes will be automatically backed up. Besides, it neatly organises your faxes.
- Reliable and fast: This online fax service is fast as it sends all your faxes instantly online. Besides, it sends you notifications for both sent and received faxes. This lets you know the status of your sent fax whether it was successful or not.
- Receive faxes 24/7: The online fax number will always be ready to receive faxes. Even when your device is not connected to the internet, the fax number will ready for all incoming faxes. So, you won’t have to worry about being offline.
- Worldwide coverage: CocoFax support sending and receiving international faxes. You can get a dedicated fax number from anywhere in the world. For instance, you get a fax number in the United States or Canada among others.
Online fax service is a quick and reliable way of sending and receiving faxes. CocoFax is a reputable online fax service and is acknowledged as one of the best services. Visit its official website to give it a try.