Are you looking for a dedicated server? Then, you will find a lot of options to choose from. Buying a dedicated server can cost you a fortune. So you can rent a server for a reasonable price. Depending on the level of demand, you can ask an IT team to set it up or let a dedicated hosting provider do it for you.
How can you rent a dedicated server? Let’s figure it out!
In such a scenario, then, you may find yourself in need of a Dedicated Server. In this article, we will explore what a Dedicated Server is and its significance for website owners and traders in the contemporary age.
What is a Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server is a web hosting service that provides hosting for a single user. It offers exclusive access to a physical server without sharing the resources, like CPU and RAM, with other users. Your website gets a server all to itself, relying on immense power and flexibility.
A dedicated rental server is widely used for business purposes due to its ability to provide continuous high performance. The best security for hosted services makes users less susceptible to safety vulnerabilities.
How to Get a Dedicated Server
You have two options to get a dedicated server. First, you can buy a customized dedicated server, set it up in your location, and host your website there. However, it may cost you a solid amount of money to make a purchase, cover the following updates, and do the regular maintenance works. Second, you can rent a customized dedicated server from a hosting service. You won’t have to pay for the server itself and all the related services. You will use the product while the rest of work will be left for the hosting service.
How to Rent a Dedicated Server
To rent a dedicated server, you should first select the hosting provider. There are many of them on the market. Before choosing one, make sure to analyze the features such as DDoS protection and responsive customer support. This way you won’t have to worry about any technical issues with your server. When you choose the server you want, you are free to start hosting within 24 hours.
How Much Does a Dedicated Server Cost?
An average price of dedicated servers usually ranges from $100/month to $200/month. The upgrades such as more storage, unmetered bandwidth, and managed support are added later on.
Some dedicated hosting providers decide to rent their servers for a short period of time like one hour or two days. This lets you pay for the hourly usage of the server. Basically, the less you use your server, the less you have to pay for it.
What is The Use of a Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server is optimal for hosting web services that require high performance. Why? Because dedicated hardware can provide a non-stop performance that can’t be possible with a shared server. The most common types of services based on dedicated servers include but are not limited to:
- SaaS applications
- Media outlets
- Gaming platforms
- Online payment systems etc.
Types of Dedicated Servers
Renting a web server is a great way to sort out your business problems. However, it is important to choose the right type:
- Standard dedicated servers guarantee an excellent performance for simple websites and apps that don’t need a lot of computing resources and have a limited customer base.
- Managed dedicated servers are perfect for beginners in web hosting. Compared to standard dedicated servers, they are fully managed by the hosting provider. To get started with hosting, no technical knowledge from users is required.
- Enterprise dedicated servers are suitable for large corporations that have millions of followers. They provide great reliability, availability, and performance for hosting operations.
- Unmetered dedicated servers are based on unlimited bandwidth and 10Gbps internet connection. They handle great volumes of data traffic, which makes them perfect for web services and apps with multiple monthly visitors. Data traffic can be easily exchanged between visitors and your server.
The amount of time it takes to rent dedicated servers is nothing compared to the benefits you might get eventually. The most significant factors to consider when selecting a dedicated server hosting program include the mission of the server, the amount of traffic, and the level of security. By the end of the day, a dedicated hosting provider will manage the server setup and maintenance works for you.