Gone are the days when you had to wait around every month for new releases in the cinema or watch the same old drab selection your local cable or satellite TV offers.
Friends, the future is here, and it is powered by the internet.
Now you can be watching what you want, when you want, where you want.
More importantly, in the meta way to do so: what I mean is snuggled in our beds or lazed out on the couch in front of our TV’s, watching the most popular streaming service to date, Netflix – made even easier with the new Fire TV.
First things first, procure the smallest and most convenient streaming device on the market i.e., the Amazon Fire TV. The fact that you’re reading this means you have an internet connection, and if you have a Netflix subscription too (which you should get your hands on if you don’t), then that is all you really need.
Well, hold up, you’d need one more tool. Since Netflix offers different content in different regions, you will need a VPN to access the best shows from the US Netflix library. By simply using one of the best VPN for accessing Netflix for any region, you’ll be able to use your Fire Stick for streaming to its full potential.
Amazon Fire TV is the Muhammad Ali of streaming devices, it came, it saw, it conquered. It beat out Roku in sales (we will get into why shortly) having sales exceeding 30 million dollars.
Not just because it is the end all be all for Netflix, but because it hosts a wide variety of amazing apps, which make streaming a lot easier and also make it more accessible.
To access Netflix on Fire Stick, follow these steps in order:
- Plug in your Fire Stick device
- Grab your remote and select “search” from the main menu and type “Netflix”
- Once you find it click download (don’t worry the download is free)
- Once the download is complete find the newly installed app on the Fire home screen and press “Open”
- Now you will have the option to log in or create an account
- If you have to create an account, follow the steps on the app. It’s very intuitive. Subscriptions vary in price and depend on the number of accounts, so choose the one that fits you and your viewing preferences/ schedule.
- Now enter your account log in details
- Guess what, that is all it takes, and you are on your way to watching endless hours of your favorite shows and movies
There is a way you can make the most out of your investment. Netflix, luckily, has a massive catalog with regional movies, series and movies that are country specific, as well as, once in a lifetime releases. The problem though is that every country has access to a different catalog.
The countries which have the best catalogs available are USA, UK, Japan, Canada, Ireland, and the wild card India. Keep these in mind because they really have diversified catalogues, and you get the best of all worlds from sitcoms to anime to Bollywood classics.
A great example is that the movie Tusk is only available in India. The reason I am bringing this up is because I know the pain of watching a trailer, and falling in love with a series or movie, only to find out it is not available on your streaming service. This way you will never feel this pain again.
This discrepancy mostly arises due to the fact that Netflix have different distribution laws to follow and different distribution agreements, though to the everyday viewer, it is a very large drag but made easier with some easy steps.
The key to all the Netflix goodness is a good Virtual Private Network known usually as a VPN. There are hundreds of VPNs available on the market both free and those that offer monthly subscriptions. We will offer options for both. As far as a free option is concerned, choose ProtonVPN, and as far as paid goes we would recommend ExpressVPN.
Now for the steps:
- Search your respective choice of VPN (ExpressVPN is most recommended)
- Click the download icon
- Log in or sign up to make a VPN account
- You may have to allow location settings but do not worry, this is only to make sure the VPN works properly
- Now just tap connect
- You may have to choose your country
- Now open the Netflix app on Fire TV
- Feel free to play Netflix roulette and watch something new
(The VPN will keep running in the background so don’t forget to disconnect it once you’re done)
So now you have the full arsenal for all your Netflix needs. Just follow the steps and enjoy your new device, with its amazing features and the ease it brings to your life.
Gone are the days of flipping through channels to find some mundane re-run. You are ahead of the curb, and you have the power to choose exactly what you want.