1. Which of the following types of memory is used for cache memory?
C. EDO RAM
2. How many bits make up the data path of a 30-pin SIMM?
3. What type of cache memory resides on the system board?
A. L1 cache
C. L2 cache
4. What type of memory must be constantly refreshed?
D. L1 cache
5. What type of memory is dual-ported and can be read from and written to at the same time?
D. L1 cache
6. Which of the following is a faster-speed memory?
7. How many 72-pin SIMMs make up a memory bank on Pentium systems?
8. Which of the following indicates the number of pins found on a DIMM?
9. How many bits of parity information are found in a 72-pin SIMM?
10. When a data corruption problem is found in memory, what error type typically displays onscreen?
A. File access error
B. Parity error
C. Data corruption error
D. DRAM error
11. When installing memory, how can you identify Pin 1 on the memory module?
A. Square solders
B. Red ribbon wire
C. Blue ribbon wire
D. SIMM cutout
12. Which of the following best describes VRAM?
A. VRAM is memory that has video instructions burned into it by the manufacturer and cannot be changed.
B. VRAM is dual-ported memory usually found on video accelerator cards.
C. VRAM is memory stored in the CPU and is used for storing frequently used instructions.
D. VRAM is memory that has video instructions burned into it by the manufacturer and can be reprogrammed only by special software.
13. What type of memory is typically used for storing computer BIOS code?
14. Which of the following best describes shadow RAM?
A. Shadow RAM is an area of system memory where some of the BIOS functions are copied during the boot process.
B. Shadow RAM is an area of system memory that stores the information twice so that if the system crashes, there will be a backup copy.
C. Shadow RAM is the process of having frequently used data stored in cache for quicker access.
D. Shadow RAM is another term for SRAM.
15. How many 30-pin SIMMs are required to fill a memory bank on an 80486?
16. What type of DRAM is synchronized with the system clock?
17. How many DIMMs are used to fill a memory bank in a Pentium system?
18. When a CPU needs to access data, where will it look for this data first?
A. L2 cache
C. L1 cache
19. Which of the following best describes odd-parity memory?
A. When a byte of data is stored, the value of all the bits in the byte are added up; if the number is an even number, the parity bit is enabled to create an odd number. If all the bits in the data byte add up to an odd number, the parity bit is turned off, leaving the total an odd number.
B. All the data stored in memory is added up, and the answer is then stored in the parity bit.
C. When a byte of data is stored, the value of all the bits in the byte are added up; if the number is an odd number, the parity bit is enabled to create an even number. If all the bits in the data byte add up to an even number, the parity bit is turned off, leaving the total an even number.
D. Every 8 bits of data are added up, and the total is stored in the parity bit for that particular 8 bits of data.
20. What is the purpose of CMOS RAM?
A. On system boot, the content of the BIOS is copied to faster RAM.
B. Memory used to store the CMOS information. CMOS RAM maintains its information by a battery found on the motherboard.
C. CMOS RAM is the amount of memory registered into CMOS.
D. CMOS RAM is read-only memory that stores the CMOS information.
Step by step hacking tutorials about wireless cracking, kali linux, metasploit, ethical hacking, seo tips and tricks, malware analysis and scanning.