Most iOS users have heard of iOSEmus, one of the most popular alternative app stores in the world. For those that haven’t yet tried it, iOSEmus offers plenty of modified and tweaked apps and games, along with lots of other unofficial content, and it’s all for free. No jailbreak is needed, so here is everything you should know about iOSEmus.
What is iOSEmus?
It is one of the most popular alternative iOS app stores in the world, offering free unofficial content, modified games, tweaked apps, emulators, streaming apps and so much more. Everything is free to use and you have more than 2000 apps and games to choose from. The developers are continually updating the app with improvements, security enhancements and more content, thus improving your user experience.
While the obvious features are that iOSEmus is free with no requirement to jailbreak, it also offers over 2000 apps and games to choose from. To make it easier for you to find something to download, the developers placed everything into the following categories:
- iOS App Store Apps – official apps and
- iOSEmus Exclusive Apps – unofficial content, such as working emulators, screen recorders, streaming apps, a few Cydia tweaks, and more
- Tweaked Apps – stock iOS apps, tweaked with extra features and functionality
- Modified Games – Stock iOS games, unlocked with all in-app features and purchases available for free and new features added.
How to Download iOSEmus:
iOSEmus is pretty simple to download but not so easy as installing official app store apps. You will require a good internet connection on your device and the following guide:
- Using Safari browser, navigate to the linkediOSEmus download page
- Tap on one of the configuration profiles to download it – if one doesn’t work, try another
- Tap Allow on the confirmation message
- The app page opens, tap Install
- Your Settings app will open, tap on Install Profile
- If asked to, input your device passcode and Safari browser will open again
- Tap on Install and then Install to confirm
- Settings opens once more, tap Install>Next>Done
- When iOSEmus is installed, the icon is visible on your home page
How to Fix the Untrusted Developer Error:
When you try to open iOSEmus for the first time, you will likely see an Untrusted Developer error. iOSEmus is unofficial and that means Apple is unable to verify the developers as safe. The error message stops you from using the app until it is fixed, and here’s how you do that:
- Note the name of the developer on the error message
- Cancel the message and open your iOS Settings app
- Tap on General>Profiles and tap the name of the developer in the profiles list
- Tap on Trust/Verify and close Settings
- iOSEmus can now be used without error.
How to Use iOSEmus:
One of the most user-friendly apps, iOSEmus is simple to use:
- Open iOSEmus on your device and tap on Apps (bottom of the screen)
- Tap on one of the app categories (see Features)
- Tap on any app or game to download it – a search bar will help you find something specific
- Tap on Install and follow the on-screen directions (if any) to install it
- When the app icon appears on your home screen, it is successfully installed
You might need to follow the Untrusted Developer error instructions with many of the apps or games you download from iOSEmus.
Fixing Common iOSEmus Errors:
While iOSEmus is one of the most stable app stores ever released, there are three common errors that are being reported. They are all easy to resolve, here’s how:
The commonest error, it is also the simplest to fix:
- Open iOS Settings
- Tap Safari and tap Clear Website Data
- iOSEmus should now have a clear screen again
If not, delete it and try again
iOSEmus Stopped Working:
This is down to iOSEmus being an unofficial app store and Apple is unable to verify the developer:
- Delete iOSEmus and reinstall it
- Go into Settings
- Tap on General>Profiles & Device Management
- Tap on iOSEmus in the profiles list
- Tap on Verify and close Settings
- iOSEmus will now work
Cannot Download iOSEmus:
Another common error, it only appears on those devices where an earlier version of iOSEmus is already installed. Trying to run a newer version at the same time will cause conflict.
- Delete iOSEmus from your device
- Power off your device and wait for a few minutes
- Power it back on, reinstall iOSEmus and you should find it works.
iOSEmus already has millions of satisfied users. It’s free so you have nothing to lose by joining them and discovering what could be the best alternative to the official app store.