Great news! If you are missing your jailbreaks, try the latest one to be released. Unc0ver is one of the most popular and most stable of all the recent iPhone jailbreak utilities, supporting iOS 11 to iOS 13 on any A7 A13 64-bit ARM system. iOS 14 jailbreak is in the works at the moment and will be released soon. Read on to find out all the details.
How to Download Unc0ver Jailbreak:
There are two ways to install the Unc0ver jailbreak onto your iPhone or iPad:
Method 1: Unc0ver Jailbreak App
- First, make sure you back up your data using iTunes, iCloud, or both, or any other compatible backup app.
- Next, open Safari and download the Unc0ver jailbreak to your device. You can also install it from the TutuApp appstore.
- Follow the on-screen directions and wait for the Unc0ver icon to show on the device home screen.
- Now open iOS Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
- Find and tap the Unc0ver profile and tap on the Trust button.
- Close Settings
- Tap the Unc0ver icon on your home screen
- When the app opens, tap the Jailbreak button.
- Wait – when your device resprings, you will see Cydia on your home screen; open it and set it up for use.
Method 2: Using AltStore App
AltStore is an unofficial app store that offers a safe way of downloading the jailbreak to your device. However, it isn’t such a straightforward method, requiring your PC or Mac and a companion app called AltServer. You must also make sure the app is refreshed at least once a week to ensure it doesn’t expire. Using AltStore, the Unc0ver IPA file can easily be installed right on your device:
- Download AltStore and follow the linked guide to install it
- Download the Unc0ver IPA file on your device. Link available on in Method 1 – Step 2.
- Open AltStore on your device and tap My Apps.
- Tap the Plus (+) button at the top of the screen and tap on Uncover
- Wait for the icon to load on your home screen, and the installation is done.
What is Unc0ver Jailbreak?
It is the latest in a long line of jailbreak utilities, one of the most successful and stable recent ones. Developed by pwn20wnd, it is supported on iOS 11 to iOS 13 inclusive and is packed with cool features. iOS 14 jailbreak is currently under development.
Unc0ver jailbreak works on the following devices on iOS 11, iOS 12, and iOS 13-13.5:
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Mini (2019)
- iPad Air (2019)
- iPhone X (only iOS 12)
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air 1
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
The jailbreak has already been updated a couple of times, with v3.2 stabilizing and improving the jailbreak performance and bringing new features, including a choice of dark and light modes and all apps in the jailbreak come with a description detailing the settings, supported architecture, system version and what the app does. V5.0 included support for the A12 and A13 devices on iOS 13 and above.
Other Unc0ver Features:
You will also find these features in Unc0ver jailbreak:
- file system access
- ability to turn off auto-updates
- dump APTickets
- ability to turn on get-task-allow
- icon cache refresh
- Export TFP0
- Ability to up the memory limits
- Install unsigned IPA files and OpenSSH
- Ability to load daemons/reload the system daemons
- Disable app revokes option
- Loads of unofficial apps, tweaks, and other content
- Overwriting Boot Notice
- Restore RootFS
- Reset Cydia Cache
- Reinstall Cydia
- Plenty more cool features
The Unc0ver jailbreak makes use of the popular platform, Cydia Substrate, which backs up Cydia and lets you modify the code and software without physical access to the source code. And with the popular Cydia Package Manager, you get access to all those apps, tweaks, mods, libraries, and more you used to get with previous jailbreaks.
Do be aware that this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, which means you will need to reactivate it when your device is rebooted. You can also use the built-in RootFS utility to unjailbreak your device.
How to Remove the Unc0ver Jailbreak:
This is easy enough to do:
- Launch Cydia and tap on the Installed tab
- Delete each installed app or tweak manually
- Open the Unc0ver jailbreak app and tap on Settings.
- Toggle Refresh Icon Cache and Restore RootFS(Rec0ver) options
- Go to the main screen and tap on Jailbreak or Rejailbreak
Now, wait. The restoration of your root filesystem can take some time, so do NOT do anything with your device. You must NOT reboot it even if it doesn’t appear to be doing much. The RootFS message appears on the screen when it’s all finished; tap OK.
Are you ready to try Unc0ver jailbreak on your device? It isn’t a fully untethered utility, but it is stable and reliable and is definitely the best option we have for jailbreaking right now.