As you all knows, today we are going to celebrate Safer Internet Day i.e. on 7th of February 2017 with Google.
No doubt!, our world is progressing towards a cashless economy, do you know how to secure your online account? Even the most sophisticated cyber attacks can begin with a simple email compromise. As email becomes more prevalent for everyone weather its for organization or for individual. The importance of Email Security becomes more significant.
According to Trends Report, Number of phishing websites increased by 250% between Oct 2015 to Jan 2017.
Let’s have a lookup on GMAIL SECURITY CHECKUP.
You can easily protect your GMAIL Account by reviewing the most important settings related to your account which includes:
– Check your recovery information (Which tells about your recovery phone and email)
– Check your connected devices (which will review your all devices connected to your Google account.)
– Check your account permissions (It will review your all apps, websites and devices whcih is connected to your Google account.)
– Check your 2-Step Verification Settings (which provides you a extra layer of security to your account)
To implement 2-step security on your Google Account, please click here
Security Tips –
- Your Email Account Password should be strong enough which includes atleast one uppercase, one lowercase, one number and a special symbol. (To change your Gmail account password, please click here)
- To report any criminal content on internet related to sexual abuse, non-photogenic child sexual abuse images or videos, criminally obscene adult content etc, please click here
- Go with EdgeWave ePrism Email Security, which provides you better protection of your Email Account and adds enhanced features of encryption in a real time.
Read More – Protect yourself from credit or debit card frauds
5 Internet Safety Tips for kids –
1. Don’t give out the personal information such as Home Address, School Name or Phone Number.
2. Never Send your personal pictures to strangers.
3. Keep passwords private.
4. Don’t download anything without permission, it may contain a virus that harm your computer.
5. Tell an adult (your teachers or parents) if you receive a mean or strange message.
Are you celebrating #SaferInternetDay today? Keep letting us know of your activities at email@example.com
Step by step hacking tutorials about wireless cracking, kali linux, metasploit, ethical hacking, seo tips and tricks, malware analysis and scanning.