Ethereum is the 2nd most popular cryptocurrency after the bitcoin. The current value of Ethereum for today is $321 approximately. According to latest news, an unknown hacker hacked the Enigma Website which is a cryptocurrency investment platform.
According to reports, approx $470,000 worth of Ethereum has been just stolen. Even Enigma is also showing a warning message at the top of their website which states that –
“WARNING: ENIGMA SLACK COMPROMISED, DO NOT SEND FUNDS. Hi Everyone, Our Slack channel and certain email lists have been compromised. We are working diligently to resolve the issues. DO NOT SEND FUNDS TO ANY ADDRESSES. We will provide further updates on the situation shortly. DO NOT SEND FUNDS,”
At the time of writing, the hackers have made over 1,487.90 Ether and are still receiving payments.
“As we work hard to build the future of data and crypto trading and investing, we want to take a few moments to talk about safety. Due to our strong growth, our community has become a target. The worst elements of the crypto scene—scammers and phishers—are attracted to good projects and good communities.” – said by Enigma blog post.
The attacker also gained access to the company’s mailing list and sent out emails to some of Enigma’s mailing list subscribers. A copy of this email is available below.
You may also like:
- 30,000 Sites is in RISK, The Plus Addons for Elementor WordPress Plugin Hacked
- Facebook Pay is rolling out in US – 2019 Update
- Top 25 Reddits – SubReddits Communities [Information Security]
- List of 100+ Cyber Security RSS Feeds
- Target’s Twitter Account Compromised – Posted Fake Promoted Ad [Bitcoin Scam]
- Familiar With SQL Injection Vulnerability – Meet Ihsan Sencan
- Microsoft + 33 Other Companies Join hands to fight Cyber Attacks – Cyber Security Tech Accord
- Twitter Compromised ! Change Your Password Right Now – May 2018
- Update your Mozilla Firefox Now – 31st January 2018 Update
- Dangerous Keylogger Found – Infecting over 2000 WordPress sites