Kali Linux is a Debian-based distribution with a collection of security and forensics tools.
The new version of Kali Linux i.e. 2017.2 is already been out with awesome features and is available for your download. In April 2017, 2017.1 version was released and now just after 5 months, the 2017.2 version is released.
The project’s latest version, Kali Linux 2017.2, introduces a number of new security and penetration tools, as well as package updates from Debian’s Testing branch. There are some really nice additions so we encourage you to ‘apt install‘ the ones that pique your interest and check them out.
Also Read – For best VPNs for Linux, follow http://comparitech.net/vpn-linux
To update your Kali Linux from 2017.1 to 2017.2, you can directly use the upgrade process by typing:
Command: apt update && apt full-upgrade
That would make for a whole lot of downloading, unpacking, and configuring of packages. In addition to all of the standard security and package updates that come to us via Debian Testing, they’ve have also added more than a dozen new tools to the repositories, a few of which are listed below.
- Hurl – a useful tool for hexadecimal and URL encoder/decoder.
- Phishery – It will lets you to inject SSL enabled basic authentication into .docx word document which will definitely be useful for Windows crackers.
- SSH-Audit – An SSH Server auditor that checks encryption types/banners/compression and many more things which are related to SSH protocol.
- Apt2 – Its an automated pentest toolkit.
- Bloodhound – To reveal the hidden/unintended relationships with active directory.
- Crackmapexec – Its an another post exploitation tool specially designed for assessment of large active directory networks.
- Dbeaver – Another tool for database lovers which supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite and many more.
- Brutespray – Which automatically attempts default credentials on discovered services.
To download Kali Linux ISO File of version 2017.2:
- Kali 64-Bit – http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2017.2/kali-linux-2017.2-amd64.iso
- Kali 32-Bit – http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2017.2/kali-linux-2017.2-i386.iso
- Kali 64-Bit Light – http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2017.2/kali-linux-light-2017.2-amd64.iso
- Kali 32-Bit Light – http://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2017.2/kali-linux-light-2017.2-i386.iso
Even Kali Linux virtual images links also has been updated to latest which you can easily download via this link.
For All Kali Linux Tutorials (Advanced)
Please click Kali Linux Tutorials.You may also like:
- Top 7 Commercial Linux Distributions
- Why Do I Need a Website?
- Reinforcement Learning in Real-world Applications: The Latest Successes and Challenges
- Various Python Libraries for developing RESTful APIs
- Top 7 NodeJS Frameworks You Need To Know
- How Buying Instagram Followers Can Help Businesses Soar
- How To Find Gaps In Your Cybersecurity And How To Address Them
- How to close the site from indexing using robots.txt
- Internet Security With VPN – Why Do You Need It
- How to Fix The DLL Missing Error in Windows 7?