Apple was the only computer company whose sales actually increased during the recession. The Mac’s market share has tripled since 2005.
In any case, you have 3 challenges. First, you’ll probably want to copy your Windows stuff over to the new Mac. Some of that is easy to transfer (photos, music, Microsoft Office documents), and some is trickier (email messages, address books, buddy lists).
Second, you have to assemble a suite of Macintosh programs that do what you’re used to doing in Windows. Most programs from Microsoft, Adobe, and other major players are available in nearly identical Mac and Windows formats. But occasionally, it’s more difficult: Many second-tier programs are available only for Windows, and it takes some research to help you find Macintosh replacements.
Finally, you have to learn Mac OS X itself; after all, it came preinstalled on your new Mac. In some respects, it resembles the latest versions of Windows: There’s a taskbarlike
thing, a Control Panel–like thing, and, of course, a Trash can. At the same time, hundreds of features you thought you knew have been removed, replaced, or relocated.
Here we’ve compiled a list of best 11 graphic utilities which is available for MacOSX system are as listed below:
1. Acorn – A very Mac-like image editor with a comprehensive feature set.
Acorn has everything you need in an image editor. Acorn is an image editor for macOS 10.11 and later. The latest version of Acorn is v6.0.4 (As per 5th December 2017).
- Official Link – https://secure.flyingmeat.com
- Download Trial (14 Days) – https://flyingmeat.com/download/Acorn.zip
- Buy Acorn – $29.99 USD
Acorn is also available on App Store. This is genuinely an amazing app, especially when considering the price.
2. Affinity Designer – Vector image design tool, possible Adobe Illustrator alternative.
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available. Built from the ground up over a five-year period, every feature, tool, panel and function has been developed with the needs of creative professionals at its core.
- Official Website Link – https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/
- Official Download Link – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/Affinity_Designer/id824171161?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Download Trial – https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/signup/trial/designer/
Affinity Designer is also available for Windows version which is fully optimized and supported by all latest versions.
3. Affinity Photo – Raster image design tool, possible Adobe Photoshop alternative.
Affinity Photo redefines the boundaries for professional photo editing software on the Mac. With a meticulous focus on workflow it offers sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching your images in an incredibly intuitive interface with all the power and performance you need.
- Official Link – https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
- Pricing – $49.99
- Itunes Buy Link – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/Affinity_Photo/id824183456?mt=12&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Latest Version – v1.6.6
4. GifCapture – Record GIF screencasts.
GifCapture is a simple to use and minimalist screen capture application designed to help you record GIFs of what’s going on on your Mac’s desktop.
- View on Github – https://github.com/onmyway133/GifCapture
- Latest Version – v1.1.0
To start recording a GIF, you have to click on the Record button or use the ? + R hotkey and to stop it you can use the Stop button in GifCapture’s capture frame or the ? + S keyboard combination.
5. GIPHY Capture – Capture and share GIFs on the desktop.
GIPHY Capture is the best way to create GIFs on your Mac. This free app is simple, powerful, and easy enough for pretty much anyone.
- Official Itunes Link – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/giphy-capture.-the-gif-maker/id668208984
- Price – FREE
- Latest version – v3.8
In latest version, Users can easily enter a capture size manually, and recall recently used sizes.
6. Image2icon – Create and personalize icons from your pictures.
Image2icon is the easiest way to create your own mac icons and customize your folders and files.
- Official Link – http://www.img2icnsapp.com
- Pricing – FREE
- Itunes Link – https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/image2icon-make-your-own-icons/id992115977?ls=1&mt=12
- Latest Version – v2.8.1
This app is extremely easy to use. You can create an icon in just 10 seconds! The quality of most of the icon templates (Folder, Document, Drive) so great that you’ll definitely love it.
7. OmniGraffle – An app for creating precise, beautiful graphics.
OmniGraffle is for creating precise, beautiful graphics: website wireframes, electrical systems, family trees and maps of software classes come to life in OmniGraffle 7. Everyone from professional artists and designers to casual data mappers and beginning diagrammers will find something new in OmniGraffle 7.
- Official Link – https://www.omnigroup.com/omnigraffle
- Pricing – OmniGraffle 7 License ($99.99 USD) and for Pro ($199.99 USD)
- Buy OmniGraffle – https://store.omnigroup.com/main/omnigraffle
Discounts are available for qualifying students, faculty, and staff members. Please click here to go to our Education Store.
8. Pixelmator – Powerful image editor, possible Photoshop alternative.
Pixelmator for Mac is a powerful, fast, and easy-to-use image editor. It lets you enhance and touch up photos, sketch, draw and paint, add text and shapes, apply dazzling effects, and more.
- Official Link – http://www.pixelmator.com/mac/
- Latest Version – v3.7 Mount Whitney
- Buy Now – http://www.pixelmator.com/mac/buy/ ($29.99 via Itunes)
- View all Tutorials – http://www.pixelmator.com/mac/tutorials/
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add them to your Photos library.
9. Sketch – Hybrid vector/bitmap layout application, especially useful for UI, web and mobile design.
Sketch is a design toolkit built to help you create your best work from your earliest ideas, through to final artwork. Sketch is built for only designers. With useful features, an intuitive interface and powerful plugins built by a community of developers, it helps you focus on what you do best.
- Official Link – https://www.sketchapp.com/
- Download Free Trial – https://www.sketchapp.com/download/sketch.zip
- Buy Sketch – $99/year
They’re also offering some special offers for existing customers through which you can easily renew your existing license with a save of $30 to $40.
10. Sketch Toolbox – A super simple plugin manager for Sketch.
Sketch Toolbox is a super simple plugin manager for Sketch. Toolbox allows you to easily browse the most popular plugins available for Sketch and with a single click it will automatically download and install new plugins while also keeping up to date the previously downloaded ones. It is super time efficient and reliable even if it is technically still in beta.
- Official Link – http://sketchtoolbox.com/
- Download Now – http://sketchtoolbox.com/Sketch%20Toolbox.zip
- View on Github – https://github.com/shahruz/Sketch-Toolbox
11. xScope – Tools for measuring, inspecting and testing on-screen graphics and layouts.
XScope is a powerful set of tools that are ideal for measuring, inspecting & testing on-screen graphics and layouts. xScope always makes your workflow faster and more efficient.
- Official Link – https://xscopeapp.com/
- Download Free Trial – http://iconfactory.com/assets/software/xscope/xScope-4.3.zip
- Latest Version – v4.3
- Buy xScope – $49.99 (1 User)
Read More: xScope and Apple Watch