Playing games on a mobile device is one of the most popular pastimes right now, but do you ever wish you could play those same games on your desktop computer? Games like PuBG or Fortnite that would be much better on a larger screen, or would benefit from a faster processor? With Nox Player, one of the best Android emulators, you can.
How to Download Nox Player:
Nox Player is simple to install and all you need is a Google account (free if you don’t already have one):
- Open your PC or Mac browser and download Nox Player – only from the official website
- Find and click on the download and wait for the emulator to install
- On the Terms & Conditions page, click on Agree
- Click on Install and then select between online or offline installation – online is much faster
- Wait – Nox Player will install and you should see the icon on your desktop
How to Use Nox Player:
- Launch Nox Player and leave it to set up – this can take a few minutes
- When it has loaded you will see the home screen with some apps already loaded, including Google Play Store
- Click the Play Store icon and log in using your Google Account or choose Set up New Account
- Now you can choose to complete the setup or skip the rest of it go to the main screen
- On the right of the screen, you will see options for downloading APKs, transferring files and much more.
The Nox Player setup is complete and you can now download your apps and games from the Play Store.
Nox Player Features:
Nox Player is one of the most efficient, offering all these features:
- Fast Downloads – Speed is a priority for Nox Player and you get ultra-fast and smooth download speeds
- Custom Settings – customize your settings, choosing how much RAM and how many CPUs to allocate to Nox Player, and many more
- Compatible with External Controllers – Nox supports lots of different third-party controllers, unlike your mobile device
- Device Emulation – Nox emulates your Android device, including Phone Number, Model Number, IMEI, and other device specific information
- Root Access – rooted with SuperUser out of the box, Nox Player lets you easily access your file system
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Nox Player?
A lite Android emulator, Nox Player is one of the most powerful and is completely free. You can play all your favorite Android games on your PC, benefitting from all the resources your computer offers over your mobile device, such as a bigger screen, better processor, etc.
Is it Safe?
Yes. It is regularly monitored and has passed tests on all major antivirus/antimalware platforms.
Is it Free?
Yes, and always will be.
How Does it Compare to BlueStacks?
While both are excellent emulators, Nox does have the edge:
- BlueStacks may be larger but Nox Player is a better performer, especially for gaming
- BlueStacks is harder to root
- While BlueStacks passed the benchmarks with high scores, Nox Player uses fewer system resources and offers better performance
Adding a Game Controller to Nox Player
- Launch Nox Player and connect your controller to your PC/Mac
- The controller icon appears in Nox Player indicating a successful connection – click this icon
- Controller settings opens, make all your changes and exit, saving your changes
- Your controller is now ready to be used.
How to Fix Virtual Machine Failed to Start Error:
- Reboot your PC/Mac
- Shut off your firewall and antivirus – you can restart them after
- Right-click the Nox Player icon and choose Open File Location
- Click on Nox and the file folder opens
- Click the folder called noxvm and then right-click the file called NOXVM
- Choose Run as Administrator and the error will go
How to Fix Error 1005 – Outdated Graphics Card
- Open Multiplayer options and click Rendering Mode
- Change the mode to DX or OpenGL
- Reboot Nox Player and try again
If the error is still there, your card drivers need updating. If that fails your graphic card is not compatible with Nox – to use it, you will need to upgrade the card.
How to Fix Error 1006 – Nox Needs to Reboot
Normally, this error indicates you are using an out-of-date version of the emulator. Try installing the newest version from the official website and try again. If you are already on the latest version, change the rendering mode following the above steps and you should find the issue is fixed.
While there are lots of Android emulators, Nox Player does provide an extremely powerful yet lite experience, using few system resources. It is ideal for gamers and your computer offers far more resources than your mobile device – try Nox Player today and see how it can change your gaming forever.