In today’s time, security plays an important role in every human’s life weather he/she is associated with online or not.
As in internet, there is an important security alert regarding serious hacking activity on CMS such as WORDPRESS, JOOMLA etc. installed sites especially on WordPress sites. There is a serious attack on WordPress sites where a hacker harvesting ADMIN password and uploads malicious files under the domain and those files are sending continuous spam mails through the malware.
As this is a very very serious issue, we advise you to first change the ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD of every CMS site immediately in order to avoid the such hacking issues.
If you are webmaster or a developer and you want to secure your website then here are the some keypoints which you need to remember always.
- Upgrade your open source cms such as Joomla, WordPress, Whcms, Drupal etc to latest version.
- Remove unnecessary installations of Joomla, WordPress, Whmcs, Drupal etc.
- Remove or upgrade vulnerable versions of plugins, themes, templates used in WordPress, Joomla, Whmcs, Drupal etc.
- Check the file and folder permissions. See whether they are 644 for files and 755 for folders. If not, change them.
- Reset your administrator password for Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, Whmcs etc.
- Reset your cPanel and database login details.
- Always use tough passwords like 3r48d*#R#T&3023r.
- Keep a backup of your domain in your local system for safety purpose.
We hope you understand the seriousness of this issue, Thanks