In recent years, the smartphone market has witnessed a rapid expansion, and its momentum seems unstoppable. Its accelerated growth is brought on due to the diverse range of applications.
Due to Android being a very open model allowing access to many functions on the smartphone, it is believed that Android application developers need to take more care about security issues than iOS application developers. In addition, responsibility for application security is almost solely left to the application developers.
There is a commonly accepted way of thinking when examining security issues concerning systems or applications. First, we need to have a grasp over the objects we want to protect. We will call these assets. Next, we want to gain an understanding over the possible attacks that can take place on an asset. We will call these threats. Finally, we will examine and implement measures to protect assets from the various threats. We will call these countermeasures.
Suggested Read: List of Vulnerable Web/Mobile/OS Projects – 2018 Update
Mobile applications are still vulnerable to the same attacks as traditional, full fledged information technology (IT) applications. SQL Injection (SQLi), Cross Site Request Forgery (XSRF), and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) are not only possible on mobile platforms and applications but can lead to more serious attacks, given the nature of data available on a mobile device.
Here we’re sharing top 10 Vulnerable Apps for Android platform through which you can easily practice and enhance your skills.
- Appknox Vulnerable Application
- PIVVA by High-Tech Bridge
- Android InsecureBankv2
- DVHMA – Damm Vulnerable Hybrid Mobile App
- DIVA Android
- OWASP Security Shepherd
- Vulnerable Android App Oracle
- Dodo Vulnerable Bank
- Digital Bank
- Top 7 Commercial Linux Distributions
- Why Do I Need a Website?
- Reinforcement Learning in Real-world Applications: The Latest Successes and Challenges
- Various Python Libraries for developing RESTful APIs
- Top 7 NodeJS Frameworks You Need To Know
- How Buying Instagram Followers Can Help Businesses Soar
- How To Find Gaps In Your Cybersecurity And How To Address Them
- How to close the site from indexing using robots.txt
- Internet Security With VPN – Why Do You Need It
- How to Fix The DLL Missing Error in Windows 7?