The process of SEO has never been more important. Search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, have developed an impressive ability to deliver relevant search results to a user’s queries. How well a site is ranked can mean the difference between continuous sales growth and virtual online obscurity.
Right now SEO might seem complicated and overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. SEO simply builds on your understanding of your business and clients. By learning the principles of SEO and how to use available SEO tools, you can begin to take advantage of the millions of new search queries made each and every day.
Whether you are a small business owner, a blogger, an entrepreneur, or just curious about SEO, this article will take you to the next level of SEO understanding.
Don’t do the followings:
- Don’t keep hidden text on your web pages.
- Don’t create alt image spamming by putting wrong keywords.
- Don’t use meta tags stuffing.
- Don’t use frames and flash on your site.
- Don’t exchange your links with black listed sites.
- Don’t try to fool your site visitors by using miss spelled keyword.
- Don’t send spam emails to thousand of email IDs.
- Don’t use too much graphics on your site.
- Don’t create too many doorway pages.
- Don’t try to create duplicate content of pages.
- Don’t submit your website many times in a single search engine.
- Don’t use sub-directory depth more than 1-2.
- Don’t create too many dynamic pages. Try to convert them into static pages.
- Don’t bloat your pages with code.
- Don’t nest your pages.
Do the followings:
There are various other tips which can help you to optimize your web site for many Search Engines.
- Create logs of pages and each page should however contain a minimum of about 200 visible words of text to maximize relevance with Google.
- Create a home page link to each and every web page and provide easy navigation through all the pages.
- Pay attention to your dynamic page URLs. Google can crawl and index dynamic pages as long as you don’t have more than 2 parameters in the URL.
- Check your complete site for broken links. Broken links will reduce your other pages rank as well.
As long as the public continues to use search engines to find the products and services they require, site owners will need to put forth effort to position their sites to be found.
SEO is simply the process of transforming a site into one which is easily indexed, categorized, and eventually trusted by the search engines, and thereby more advantageously positioned in the search results pages.
While this article was never intended to be a detailed and comprehensive review of SEO, we believe it provides site owners enough SEO knowledge and basic introduction to the most pertinent SEO concepts and most effective SEO reports, making the optimization of a site for search engines very possible for most anyone.