AppCake is a well-known name in jailbreaking circles and used to be an incredibly popular Cydia app. Given the lack of jailbreaks in circulation right now, the AppCake developers decided to bring their app into the mainstream, available for all to use regardless of whether they have a jailbreak or not. It is free to use and offers many features so read on to find out all you need to know about this cool app store.
What is AppCake?
Developed by iPhoneCake and released by iPASTORE in 2008, AppCake is an alternative app store that offers a very easy way for users to install unsigned IPA files on their devices. This means there are no limits on the apps you can install – if it’s out there, you can have it. These are the apps that Apple refuses to allow in the official app store simply because they are modified in some way and don’t meet Apple’s policies. AppCake already has a huge choice of preinstalled apps and games but also offers you a way of installing your own files from the internet.
How to Install AppCake:
While you do not need a jailbreak to install AppCake, it is worth mentioning that you have the choice – if you do jailbreak, simply install the Cydia version of the app, which offers a bit more in the way of choice.
Because AppCake is not an official app, you won’t find it in the iOS app store but it is not hard to install. So long as your iPhone or iPad is on iOS 8 to iOS 14 or iPadOS, the app is supported. However, because it uses expired enterprise certificates, there is a chance it will be revoked and crash at some point – a recommended VPN or anti-revoke app will stop this from happening.
Follow these steps to install AppCake:
- From Safari browser, go to the AppCake download page
- Tap a configuration profile and then tap Install to confirm
- When AppCake is on your home screen, it is installed.
Fixing the Untrusted Developer Error:
AppCake is unofficial and, as such, Apple is not able to verify the developer. When you open the app for the first time, the untrusted developer error will appear – remember the name of the developer on the message and cancel it
- Now open iOS Settings and tap on General>Profiles
- Tap the developer name in the profiles list
- Tap Trust and come out of Settings
You should now be able to open AppCake without the error appearing.
How to Use AppCake:
You can use AppCake in two ways:
Method 1: Preinstalled Apps
- Launch AppCake on your device
- Find any app or game you want and tap to download it
- Follow the on-screen directions to install it
If necessary, follow the steps above to fix the untrusted developer error on any app or game you download.
Method 2: External IPA Files
- Use Safari browser to download any IPA file you want to install – please use reputable sources only
- Send your file to AppCake
- Open AppCake and go to Downloads
- Tap the file and AppCake will sign and install it
Do I Need to Jailbreak to Use AppCake?
No, you don’t. AppCake was once only available through Cydia but now anyone can use it, whether they have installed a jailbreak or not. And, if you haven’t and you want to, you can even safely install jailbreaks using AppCake.
AppCake is one of the most popular and comprehensive third-party app installers ever released. It provides you with easy access to thousands of preinstalled unsigned IPA files and also lets you install any external IPA file you download from the internet. You don’t have to jailbreak if you don’t want to and it is incredibly safe to use and free. If all that wasn’t enough, the developers also provided all these cool features:
- File Manager – allows you to monitor any downloads you have in progress and easily manage your files
- Web Server – allows you access to your apps on your device or using a browser and gives you a simple way of uploading and downloading between devices
- Search Facility – easily find your apps and games in the store
- Custom Settings – set your downloads to install automatically, fix iOS 12/iOS 13/ iOS 14 app crashes, and lots more cool features.
Is AppCake Safe?
It is a very safe installer but it’s not surprising that people question its safety, given that it is unofficial. The developers have a very good reputation, a longstanding one in the iOS community, and will not do anything to damage it. Because of that, the app is monitored every day, problems are immediately fixed and you can report any issues or keep up with the latest developments via their official Twitter feed. Plus, no jailbreak is needed, neither is your Apple ID.
Try AppCake on your iPhone or iPad today and see how it can change the way you download your apps and games.
Step by step hacking tutorials about wireless cracking, kali linux, metasploit, ethical hacking, seo tips and tricks, malware analysis and scanning.