1. What are the two types of paper feeder mechanisms?
A. Continuous tractor feed
B. Continuous form feed
C. Friction feed
2. What type of printer is most likely to use a continuous form feeder?
A. Laser printer
3. Which of the following devices are most likely to use a friction-feed mechanism to load the paper into the print assembly? (Choose two)
A. Laser printers
B. Fax machines
C. Dot-matrix printers
D. A printer that prints hundreds of payroll checks
4. What is another name for a laser printer?
A. Photoelectric printer
B. Page printer
C. CYMK printer
D. Platen driver
5. Which of the following devices gives the paper a positive charge?
A. The laser
B. The print drum
C. The registration rollers
D. The transfer corona wire
6. Why is the print drum given a negative charge?
A. To attract the toner to every area of the drum
B. To attract the toner to the areas of the drum that have a stronger negative charge
C. To attract the toner to the areas of the drum that have a weaker negative charge
D. To attract the positively charged paper to the print drum
7. Why are both the developer drum and the print drum charged with –600Vdc?
A. So the paper is attracted to neither
B. So the toner is attracted to neither
C. So the toner creates a fusion cloud between the two rollers and the paper
D. So the toner is attracted only to weakly charged areas of the print drum
8. At what voltage is the paper charged?
9. What prevents the paper from rolling into the print assembly with the print drum?
A. The registration rollers
B. The static eliminator strip
C. The fuser
D. The electrical charge on the paper and the print drum
10. What is the fuser roller coated with?
11. What device removes unused toner from the print drum?
A. Transfer corona wire
B. Static eliminator strip
D. Cleaning blade
12. What best describes how an inkjet printer prints an image?
A. One dot at a time to form a character
B. Spray-painting a character
C. Striking an inked ribbon
D. Dropping ink onto the paper
13. What causes the ink to vaporize in an inkjet printer?
A. Electrical pulses
B. A heating element within the ink cartridge
C. A solenoid in each chamber of the ink cartridge
D. Drying of the ink when the cartridge has not been used for some time
14. What is another name for a dot-matrix printer?
A. Impact printer
B. Page printer
C. Spray printer
15. What is a solenoid?
A. An element in each chamber of an inkjet cartridge
B. A component that heats the ink in an inkjet printer
C. A pin assembly that strikes the inked ribbon in a dot-matrix printer
D. A wire assembly that connects the print head to the print controller in any printer
16. How many pins were in the early dot-matrix print heads?
17. What type of paper-feed mechanisms do dot-matrix printers use?
A. Continuous form feed
B. Friction feed
C. Friction continuous form feed
D. Inverted gravity feed
18. What is the recommended maximum length for a parallel cable?
A. 10 feet
B. 20 feet
C. 25 feet
D. 50 feet
19. What printer cable uses a male DB-25 connector to attach to the PC?
20. What is crosstalk?
A. A parallel cable printing to a serial printer
B. A serial cable printing to a parallel cable
C. A type of interference in cables, caused by other equipment
D. A type of interference in computers, caused by printers
21. What is ECP mode?
A. A type of operation that allows a parallel port to speak with older printers
B. A type of operation that allows the parallel port to communicate with devices
C. A type of operation that provides fast bidirectional support for printers and computers
D. A type of operation that allows the printer to speak to the computer at the same rate the computer uses to speak to the printer
22. Why is a serial port called serial?
A. The pins in a serial port are all in one line.
B. The printer is addressed as a serial number.
C. Data for the printer is sent serially, one bit at a time.
D. The serial ports are assigned serial numbers by the IEEE.
23. What is the maximum length for a serial cable?
A. 10 feet
B. 25 feet
C. 30 feet
D. 50 feet
24. What connection type allows a printer to connect to an RJ-45 connector?
25. How fast is a USB port?
- 15 Important Questions Related to Computer
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 14
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 13
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 12
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 11
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 10
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 9
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 8
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 7
- Certified Ethical Hacker v10 – Multiple Choice Questions with Answers – Part 6