1. The correct voltages in the PSU are:
A. +5 VDC, –5 VDC, +10 VDC, –10 VDC
B. +5 VDC, –5 VDC, +11 VDC, –11 VDC
C. +5 VDC, –5 VDC, +12 VDC, –12 VDC
D. +5 VDC, –5 VDC, +13 VDC, –13 VDC
2. You encounter a 601 Error during the POST. This indicates an error with the:
C. Hard drive
D. Floppy drive
3. During POST, one long beep indicates _____________.
A. Memory failure
B. Keyboard error
C. Normal startup
D. Monitor error
4. During a connection using your modem, you notice that there is a dual display for each character that you type. What should you do to resolve this problem?
A. Switch on local echo
B. Switch off local echo
C. Switch on remote echo
D. Switch off remote echo
5. If you find that the monitor displays wrong characters, what is the most likely cause of the problem?
A. Bad monitor
B. Bad video card
C. Insufficient VRAM
D. Bad keyboard
6. You hear seven beeps at startup, indicating a BIOS virtual mode exception error. How can you resolve this problem?
A. Change the CMOS battery
B. Upgrade the RAM
C. Replace the motherboard
D. Replace the hard drive
7. How does BIOS report a parity circuit failure?
A. One beep
B. Two beeps
C. Error message on-screen
D. This error is not reported
8. If the computer has a single parallel port, which IRQ is usually assigned to it?
9. What three files are necessary to load Microsoft DOS?
A. CONFIG.SYS, COMMAND.COM, IO.SYS
B. COMMAND.COM, MSDOS.SYS, IO.SYS
C. CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, MSDOS.SYS
D. COMMAND.COM, AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS
10. You are using Windows 98 and a new system board that has USB ports. However, when you connect a USB device, you find that it doesn’t work. What could be the possible reason?
A. Windows 98 does not support USB.
B. USB port is disabled in the CMOS setup.
C. A USB port has to be connected to a PCI port.
D. A USB device must be connected to a serial port.
11. What should be the maximum length of a phone line from the wall outlet to the modem so that electromagnetic interference does not occur?
A. 3 feet
B. 4 feet
C. 8 feet
D. 10 feet
12. If you encounter a hard disk access failure, what command will you use to check the partition table information?
D. FORMAT C:
13. During bootup, you do not hear a beep. What is the possible problem?
A. The calculated checksum value does not match the value stored in the ROM.
B. The interrupt controller fails the POST.
C. There is no problem. It’s a normal startup.
D. The display card is not working.
14. You insert a disk in the floppy drive and read its contents. Then you insert a second disk and try to read its contents. But you find that the contents of the first floppy are displayed. What is the problem?
A. The floppy disk controller is corrupt.
B. The second disk is unreadable.
C. The computer has a virus.
D. The floppy cable is scratched.
15. Your computer does not boot. What is the first thing you should do to identify whether it is a hardware problem or a software problem?
A. Upgrade the operating system.
B. Replace the motherboard.
C. Format the hard drive and reload the software.
D. Boot using a bootable floppy disk.
16. The power indicator on the monitor glows, but the screen is blank. What is the first thing you should check for?
A. The brightness and contrast adjustments are not set to the minimum.
B. The display drivers are correct.
C. The video card is not corrupt.
D. The CMOS settings are correct.
17. During a connection, it seems that the handshaking starts all over again. What is the most likely cause?
A. The modem is not connected properly to the computer.
B. The phone line is noisy.
C. The COM port assigned to the modem is also assigned to another device.
D. There is an IRQ conflict.
18. You encounter a CMOS memory size mismatch. What is the possible problem?
A. The CMOS battery is not working.
B. The motherboard is not working.
C. The actual amount of RAM installed on your computer is not specified in the CMOS setup.
D. The memory modules are bad.
19. What is the acceptable range of power outlet?
A. 104–130 volts AC
B. 104–130 volts DC
C. 110-220 volts AC
D. 110–220 volts DC
20. What command do you use to find out in what order TSRs are loaded?
A. DIR /TSR
B. DIR C: /TSR
C. MEM /T
D. MEM /C
21. Phil is using a Windows 98 computer. He has opened two 32-bit applications, two 16-bit applications, and two MS-DOS applications. How many Virtual Machines does he have in use?
22. Virtual Memory is composed of which of the following? (Choose all that apply)
A. Physical Memory
B. Extended Memory
C. Hard drive space
D. Compressed Memory
23. Jill has tried to create a new folder (d:\items), but received an error message stating the she was out of space. She checked the D: drive and found that she has 500MB of free space. What is likely the problem?
A. The folder was automatically created on her C: drive.
B. The folder name was already in use.
C. The folder she was creating was larger than the free space that is available.
D. She has used up all of the free directory entries in the root of her drive.
24. Jamie needs to load File and Printer Sharing services. She has three Windows 95 CDs and needs to identify the correct version before placing it in her CD drive. What can she do?
A. Open the System control panel, and check the version number.
B. Open a command prompt and type version.
C. Double-click the My Computer icon, and then read the version number.
D. Get the Properties of Network Neighborhood and read the version number.
25. Bill is looking for the version number on his Windows 95 computer. He went to the Start menu?Programs?Accessories?System Tools, but does not see the System Information Tool. Which of the following may have caused this?
A. The component was not installed.
B. Bill is not in the Administrator’s group, so he does not have access to the application.
C. Bill is using the retail version of Windows 95.
D. The System Information Tool is only available with Windows 2000.
26. The total number of available directory entries on your hard drive affects what?
A. The number of directories you can create on your hard drive
B. The number of files you can create on your hard drive
C. Both of the above
D. None of the above
27. You have a 500-character text file that you are about to save to your hard drive. You have three partitions that are all 2GB in size. Each of the partitions has been formatted with a different file system. On which drive will this file use the least amount of space?
A. The drive formatted with FAT16
B. The drive formatted with FAT32
C. The drive formatted with NTFS
D. The file uses the same amount of space on any drive
28. You require the version number of your installation of Windows 2000. Which of the following are methods of obtaining the number?
A. The Version control panel applet
B. Reboot the computer
C. The System Version Tool
D. The Properties of My Computer
29. You have launched an MS-DOS application on your Windows 2000 computer. When you open Task Manager to see how much processing time the application is taking, you don’t see it listed. Why?
A. The application is running inside of a NTVDM.
B. MS-DOS applications are not listed on the Processes tab.
C. The application is listed, but the Processes tab is using the name stored in the header of the application, rather than the executable name.
D. You should check the list again because all running processes are listed, and you must have missed the name.
30. Your computer has just suffered from a STOP event (a.k.a., Blue Screen of Death). What is the most likely cause of the error?
A. A multimedia application
B. A background application
C. Solar flares
D. A system device driver
31. Tommy is trying to set the time on his Windows 2000 computer, but is denied access. What must he do to be able to set the time?
A. Log on as Administrator
B. Make sure his computer is in the correct time zone
C. Be granted the User Right, Change the System Time
D. Log on as an authorized user, rather than guest
32. Bill has just attempted to delete a file from the root of the C: drive on his Windows 2000 computer. He was denied access. What are some of the reasons for this?
A. The file has the Read-only file attribute
B. The file has only the Read NTFS permission
C. The file is shared as Read-only
D. The file has the Deny-delete file attribute
33. Jason has a user on his network that needs the ability to edit five Registry valueson a Windows 2000 computer. They all exist under different keys in the Registry. Can Jason restrict the user to editing just the five values?
34. Mary has just attempted to install a new video driver for the video card on her Windows 2000 computer. She received a message stating that the driver she was installing was not signed. Should Mary continue with the installation?
A. She can continue, but should be aware that the driver may not work.
B. She should stop the installation, because the driver was not signed, and it won’t work with Windows 2000.
C. She can continue. If there are any problems with the driver, it won’t install.
D. She should stop the installation and run: drvsgn <driver.dll> to sign the driver files. Then it should install without any problems.
35. Jane is having a problem with her Windows 98 computer. It seems that everything is running very slowly. What tools can she use to try to identify why her computer is running slowly?
A. Memory Monitor
B. Performance Monitor
C. System Information Monitor
D. System Monitor
Step by step hacking tutorials about wireless cracking, kali linux, metasploit, ethical hacking, seo tips and tricks, malware analysis and scanning.