1. Which type of memory cannot be upgraded without replacing a CPU?
B. L1 cache
C. L2 cache
D. None of the above
2. Which type of the system BIOS can be upgraded?
C. Both types
3. Which of the following utilities cannot be used to identify the amount of system memory?
A. POST memory diagnostic
B. System Properties
D. System Monitor
4. The Windows System Monitor utility is used to identify the ______________. (Select all that apply)
A. Amount of system RAM
B. Memory type
C. Processor usage
D. Voltage at which the memory operates
5. What do you do to enable your computer to run multiple applications simultaneously?
A. Upgrade the CPU
B. Add a hard disk with larger capacity
C. Add more RAM
D. All of the above
6. A SCSI interface requires which specific setting?
A. Unique SCSI ID
B. Jumper setting
C. Controller ID
D. None of the above
7. Which component do you check if a parity error occurs?
A. Hard disk
8. Which of the following processes displays the complete system configuration?
A. Power-on startup process
B. Power-up boot process
C. Power-on self-test
D. Startup utility test
9. What type of memory is the secondary cache made of?
10. Which type(s) of memory do you find mounted on the system board? (Select all that apply)
B. L1 cache
C. L2 cache
D. L1 cache and L2 cache
11. What is the most common capacity of CD-ROM drives?
12. Which disk drives do not require changes to the jumper settings before installation?
A. Floppy disk drives
B. CD-ROM drives
C. Hard disk drives
D. Floppy disk drives and hard disk drives
13. Of the following, which utility displays detailed information about your system configuration?
B. Device Manager
D. Disk Defragmenter
14. Which type of interface provides fastest data transfer?
15. Your PC has only one IDE adapter and you want to add a second hard disk, keeping the first hard disk as the boot drive. How should you configure the second hard disk?
16. What is the correct sequence for installing a hard disk that serves as a boot drive?
I. Auto-detection (or configure manually) in CMOS
III. Jumper setting
IV. High-level formatting with /S switch
A. I, III, IV, II
B. III, I, II, IV
C. III, II, I, IV
D. III, IV, II, I
17. Where do you connect the CD-ROM audio cable?
B. Power supply
C. Sound card
18. In which of the following ports do you insert a keyboard connector?
D. Mini DIN-6
19. Which of the following memory modules are installed singly?
C. Both SIMM and DIMM
D. None of the above
20. Which of the following is the correct IRQ that a bus mouse can use?
A. IRQ 1
B. IRQ 2
C. IRQ 8
D. IRQ 10
21. What are the two most common places in a printer where paper jams occur?
A. The fuser
B. The feeder assembly
C. The output assembly
D. The print drum
22. Why should an inkjet use paper created for an inkjet printer?
A. Regular laser printer paper cannot print through an inkjet printer.
B. Inkjet paper is slightly smaller than laser printer paper.
C. Inkjet paper is coated with ozone, which repels any charge – laser printer paper is not.
D. Inkjet paper is less porous than laser printer paper.
23. What can be done if the paper is too slick for the friction feed to enter the printer?
A. The edge of the paper can be slightly wrinkled.
B. The edge of the paper can be dog-eared so the gripper area is thicker.
C. The paper should be fed through the manual feeder.
D. The printer rollers should be tightened to apply more pressure to the first sheet of paper in the tray.
24. What would cause all of the internal gears to quit moving even though the printer is powered on?
A. The toner is empty.
B. The toner is low.
C. The print engine has failed.
D. The fuser’s halogen bulb is broken.
25. Why do continuous forms have holes down either side of the actual printing area?
A. The holes guide the paper into the printer.
B. The holes trigger the print head to print the next line.
C. The holes trigger the solenoids to print each block.
D. The holes are used to pull the paper out of the printer by a tractor sprocket.
26. What is so dangerous about the fuser assembly in a laser printer?
A. The fuser houses the laser.
B. The fuser charges the corona transfer wire.
C. The fuser melts the iron particles and toner into the paper.
D. The fuser houses the HVPS for the laser printer.
27. What component in an inkjet printer would be responsible for advancing the paper out of the printer?
A. The ink cartridge
B. The print head
C. The print motor
D. The tractor feeder
28. What component in a dot matrix printer is responsible for ejecting the paper from the printer?
A. The solenoid
B. The sprockets that pull the paper into the printer
C. The print head
D. The sheet ejector
29. A test page to a printer establishes what two things?
A. Communication from the printer only
B. Communication between the OS and the print device
C. The validity of the driver
D. The status the print driver
30. What portion of a driver reports information on the printer’s capabilities?
A. Printer graphics driver
B. Printer interface driver
C. Characterization data file
31. What service controls the Windows 2000 print process?
A. Net logon
D. Print subsystem
32. What must be done if a print job refuses to leave the print queue in Windows 2000?
A. Delete the printer and reinstall it
B. Restart the computer
C. Turn the printer off and then on
D. Stop and restart the spooler service
33. Why would a technician want to move the spool folder from one partition to another?
A. To set permissions on the printer
B. To clear jobs out of the print queue
C. To customize the print process
D. To speed up the printing process
34. What can remedy a print that jams and crushes the paper into the feeder assembly on a laser printer?
A. Restart the printer
B. Clean the feeder rollers
C. Add more paper to the paper tray
D. Replace the print engine, as it is moving the paper too fast into the printer
35. What would happen if the corona transfer wire were broken?
A. The printed page would be blank
B. The paper would not feed into the printer
C. The printed page would be solid black with toner
D. The printed page would be very faded
36. What is the most common reason an inkjet printer jams?
A. Dirty or clogged ink cartridge
B. Failure of the print engine
C. Failure of the printer driver
D. Incorrect media type
37. A vertical line on every page of a printed document means there is a ______________ on the print drum.
A. Fleck of toner
B. Scratch around the cylinder
C. Light leakage
38. What would cause a speck to show on each page of every printed document?
A. A fleck of toner on the print drum
B. Scratches on the print drum
C. Weakness in the fuser
D. Improperly charged paper
39. Why should a regular vacuum not be used to clean toner that spilled?
A. The vacuum may not fit into the printer assembly
B. The vacuum will cause the HPVS to fail
C. The vacuum will emit the toner through its exhaust system
D. The vacuum will not pick up toner, as the toner is too fine
40. What should a technician do after a thorough cleaning of a printer?
A. Complete a test page from the operating system
B. Restart the computer it is attached to
C. Restart the spooler service
D. Reinstall the printer on the operating system
Step by step hacking tutorials about wireless cracking, kali linux, metasploit, ethical hacking, seo tips and tricks, malware analysis and scanning.